The Mount Albert Bowling Club was founded in 1897 and is located at 10 Allendale Road in the heart of Mount Albert.
Our historic site is part of Mount Albert’s heritage and is widely used for lawn bowls and a variety of recreational and sporting activities. We are as committed as ever to providing a strong club to our growing membership base and welcome new activities like Darts and community quiz nights. We are proud to have as our Patron Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister and MP for Mount Albert. We own our own grounds and we are proud to be a grassroots sports club in Mount Albert.
We have a strong and growing player base in both competition and business house / social bowls, and are always on the lookout for new talent. Highlights last year have included:
- As reigning champs hosting the Auckland Social Bowls championships, with “MG Bowls” from Mount Albert took out section taking out the Auckland title.
- Over 30 teams contesting the Business House Tournament
- Four reps in the Auckland Juniors squad
- Juniors triples composite team winning the Auckland junior title
- Junior fours runners up in the Auckland junior title
If you have never played lawn bowls, please visit us at 10 Allendale Road and find out more about the game. We have a qualified coach and he or one of our members can show you how to play !
Our facilities include:
Two excellent natural greens